Patient Safety Heroes Recognized
The Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety, Inc. (ICPS) is pleased to announce the 2014 Indianapolis Patient Safety Hero Award winners. These individuals and teams were recognized for making a difference to enhance patient safety in Indianapolis hospitals. The awards were given during a ceremony on Nov. 24, 2014, at the Eli Lilly Corporate Center. This is the 10th year that ICPS has recognized Patient Safety Heroes within our community. The following individuals and teams were recognized:
- Franciscan St. Francis Health: Leadership in Patient Safety, Susan K. Brown, MS, MBA
- Eskenazi Health: Palmer MacKie, MD
- Community Health Network: Behavioral Health Inpatient Crisis Response Team
- Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center: Hand Hygiene Leadership Team, Kelley Sermak, RN; Cheryl Cline, RN; Mary Kinney, RN; Diana Greathouse, RN
- IU Health: Riley Hospital CHSPS Prevention Team, Margie McCaskey, RN, DNP, CPHQ; Paul Haut, MD; Michele Saysana, MD; Elaine Cox, MD
- St. Vincent Health: CLABSI Reduction Project
Since being founded in 2003, the Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety, ICPS,
provides a forum for Indianapolis-area hospitals to share information about 'best
practices' and work together to solve patient safety issues in Indianapolis and
surrounding county hospitals.
WHO WE ARE
The Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety is comprised of chief executive, medical,
nursing, quality, safety, and pharmacy officers from six Indianapolis health systems.
In addition, there is participation by entities such as Eli Lilly, Indiana and Purdue
Universities, the Regenstrief Institute, Inc., Indiana Hospital Association and
HealthCare Excel. The ICPS is a non-profit public charity organization.